Joyous Bubbles

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I would like to share three poems that were shared with me at a workshop I went to on drawing out gifts. All three are by a poet called Hafiz. . . .They were translated by Daniel Ladinsky.

Beautiful Creature
There is a beautiful creature living
In a hole you have
Dug,
so at night I set fruit and grains and little pots of wine and milk
Beside your soft earthen
Mound,
And I often sing to you,
Bust still, my dear, you do not come out
I have fallen in love with someone
Who is hiding inside
of you
We should talk about this problem
Otherwise I will never
leave you
Alone!

Some Fill With Each Good Rain
There are different wells within your heart
some fill with each good rain
others are far too deep for that
In one well you have just a few precious cups of water
That "love" is literally something of yourself
It can grow as slow as a diamond
If it is lost
you love
should never be offered to the mouth of a
stranger
only to someone
who has valor and daring
to cut pieces of their soul off with a knife
Then weave them into a blanket
to protect you
There are different wells within us
some fill with each good rain
others are far to deep for that

A Great Need
Out
of a great need
we are all holding hands
and climbing
not loving is letting go
Listen,
the terrain around here
is
far too
dangerous
for
that

1 Comments:

Blogger Carmina said...

i like these a lot. they're so simple yet so meaningful.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home